Finding Cheap Auto Insurance is even more important now with record inflation & gas prices
Are you looking for cheap auto insurance but worried about sacrificing quality and service in favor of a more affordable rate? If you have filled up your car with gas lately or been to the grocery store, you know we are in unprecedented times. Carlay can help you find the most trusted names in car insurance to help fit any budget! Once you use Carlay, we will help you find cheap car insurance year after year and the best part – you don't have to do any more work! Carlay does all of the work for you. We notify you each renewal period if we can find you better rates! The word, "cheap" might be scary when it comes to an auto insurance policy, but it doesn't have to be this way. With Carlay, cheap car insurance means something completely different. It means helping you understand what policies will make the most sense for your specific budget. Overpaying for anything is never a good idea, but underpaying for things like insurance when you need important coverage is a bad idea too. Carlay will help you navigate and make sure when you are comparing more affordable insurance policies – that you know & understand the differences. It can be really challenging to understand why monthly premiums vary so much from different insurance carriers. It even can vary zip code to zip code due to the carrier's risk exposure in certain areas (confusing, yes we agree but we're still here to help!).
Here at Carlay (your new best friend online), quality doesn't fall by the wayside when it comes to providing our customers with affordable auto insurance policies. We also provide the most amazing customer service so you can get on with your day and not spend hours on the phone (thank goodness those days are over!) Get a free car insurance quote to find out how much you could save in less than 60 seconds. Still want to learn more about what ways to find cheap car insurance? We dig into the different ways below.
Ways to get cheaper auto insurance rates
The price you pay for car insurance depends on a number of different factors (we'll list a few below to help illustrate).. It can help to compare car insurance rates to find the most affordable premiums for you. However, there are many ways you could get cheaper car insurance—even with your existing policy:
- First and foremost, do your best to maintain a very clean driving record!
- Understand what your willing to pay for your deductible (the initial amount you are responsible for paying when you file a claim)
- Review and analyze your policy limits (how much the insurance policy will cover in the event of an accident). Depending on your financial situation, you might be willing to take more risk or less risk (states have minimum requirements that you must have by law too).
- Pay for your policy in full (they might offer discounts based on the payment terms)
- Add multiple cars or drivers to your policy
- Combine auto and home policies
- Complete a defensive driving course
- Update your policy information regularly
- Inform Carlay of any safety and anti-theft devices on your car (newer model vehicles come with enhanced safety features)
- Consider which type of vehicle you choose when buying a car (price out insurance policies ahead of time so you can get a ballpark idea how much the premiums will vary between the vehicles)
Car Insurance Discounts That Could Reduce Your Rates
Now, let's talk about car insurance discounts offered by insurance carriers. Carlay members are surrounded by money-saving opportunities that can make their car insurance rates more affordable. Here are a few of the discounts offered by top-rated carriers:
- Student Discounts: By using Carlay, students could save $200 or more on a car insurance policy.
- Military and Federal Discounts: Active Duty, Guard, Reserve or Retired Military members could save with Carlay. Federal employees could also save with a special discount. We thank you for your tremendous service!
- Multi-Policy Discounts: You could save up to 25% when you insure your vehicle and your home (Carlay can help you with your home insurance as well!).
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts: You could save up to 25% on your policy when you insure more than one car with Carlay.
- Seniors & Over 50 Discounts
- Corporate & Membership Discounts: Depending on the insurance carrier, they might offer specific discounts if you are a member of a partner organization (e.g. AAA, AARP, etc.)
Affordable car insurance really can be simple.
With Carlay, you don't have to compromise quality for a low-cost car insurance policy. We know that times are challenging right now (especially at the gas pumps) and we're all looking for ways to save money. That doesn't mean you don't want quality car insurance coverage - it's actually the opposite. You want efficiency and value. Our goal is to ensure the word "cheap" only describes your car insurance rates - and not the quality of service or your experience as a policyholder. We want to show you why so many drivers are using Carlay (and why they are telling their friends!)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits of low cost car insurance?
-Allows you to truly get the best value for your money once you compare multiple carriers
-Provides you with peace of mind that you have adequate coverage in the event of an accident.
-We can help you modify your policy in the future if you'd like to take less risk or lower your deductible
- Are there risks to getting cheap car insurance?
-Just like most things in life, there are always risks involved when making decisions about insurance. We highly recommend you understand what a deductible is and what you can afford to pay out of pocket in the event of an accident. We would never want you to be in a tough financial position.
-Make sure you select your policy limits based on your budget and state laws. You don't want to be forced to pay major expenses out of pocket if you have a major accident.
-Be sure the insurance carrier you are selecting has a strong reputation for paying claims and is highly rated by customers. You want to make sure the insurance carrier is financially solvent and will be there to support you. We provide customer reviews for all of the insurance carriers available with Carlay.
- Are there risks to getting cheap car insurance?